SAFE & SOUND PROJECT ANIMAL RESCUE
SHOWMANSHIP CHALLENGE SERIES
Congratulations to our July winners!
Champion - Jesse Lambourn with Invite Beth
Reserve - Maegan Hollinshead with Only A Kiss
3rd - Myriam Parisien with Texans Top Maid
4th - Kaleena Smith with Fancymeascotch
5th - Leanne Knox with Radical N Ultimate
6th - Kim Hepburn with Dream Impulse
Congratulations to our June winners!
Champion - Maegan Hollinshead with Only A Kiss
Reserve - Myriam Parisien with Texans Top Maid
3rd - Brianna Becks with Aristafax
4th - Jesse Lambourn with Invite Beth
5th - Katie Thompson with Aristafax
6th - Leanne Knox with Radical N Ultimate
Founded in 2005 by Dr. Kathy Hrinivich, the sole purpose of The Safe & Sound Project is to provide aid and loving homes to animals in need. With the help of her team, Dr. Kathy and her team have saved and rehomed thousands of animals using The Animal Hospital of Cambridge as a base of operations. The project is a way of giving back to the community and offering relief to the overpopulated pounds, shelters and rescue operations. Representatives from The Safe & Sound Project will be at the shows with animals currently available for adoption so feel free to stop by for a snuggle in between classes and see what this fabulous program is all about!
The Safe and Sound Showmanship Challenge will be run immediately following the last APHA Showmanship class at the June, July, and September shows as a fun class (no APHA or OPHC points) to raise money for the Safe & Sound Project animal rescue. All entry fees will go directly to the rescue and will help to provide care for sick or injured puppies, kittens, dogs and cats.
- Entry fees are $25 per person/horse team per show, or $60 per person/horse team for all three shows if paid in full at the June show. Sorry, no refunds!
- The Class is open to EVERYONE with a registered paint. An OPHC membership is NOT required.
- Horse sharing is encouraged & each horse may be exhibited by an unlimited number of handlers! Trainers, friends, parents, sibling or anyone else you can think of are welcome!
- Each exhibitor/horse combination must have their own number that must be the same at every show (corresponding to the exhibitor).
- The class will be judged by one judge at each show; the judge will be determined by a random draw.
- Ribbons and prizes will be awarded to sixth place at each show. The overall series top six will be determined by the cumulative scores combined over the three shows. i.e. if you scored a 68 in June, a 70 in July and an 85 in September your final score would be 223.
So what's on the line other than a good time and glory?
- 1st - Show halter from Kathy's Show Equipment
- 2nd - Silver buckle from Kathy's Show Equipment
- 3rd - 6th - engraved silver keychains from Kathy's Show Equipment
Click HERE for the June Showmanship Challenge pattern.
2017 SHOW SCHEDULE
SPRING KICK OFF - May 21
SIGNS OF SUMMER - June 17 & 18
MID-SUMMER CLASSIC - July 22 & 23
NO BLING IN THE RING - August 20
FALL FLING & FUTURITY - September 9 & 10