DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE OPHC FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION!
To all exhibitors: please read this Open Letter from our Show Secretary Team.
SPONSORS NEEDED! We need your help to offer great awards and fun classes. All members who bring in a cash sponsor of $250 or more will receive a free stall for 1 night at the OPHC show of their choice. Members who bring in a cash sponsor of $500 or more will receive a free stall for 2 nights at the OPHC show of their choice. The 2018 sponsorship form can be found here.
OPHC is thrilled to announce that we will be offering 19 APHA Championship classes at our Mid-Summer Classic show on July 21st & 22nd at the Ancaster Fairgrounds. Please click here for details.
The very popular $200 added Shur-Gain Walk-Trot Challenge classes will run again in 2018! These classes will be held on June 17th, August 12th & September 9th. Click here for details. Thank you to Shur-Gain for their continued support of the OPHC!
New in 2018! Youth/Amateur Team Tournament! Click here for details.
Don't forget to order your swag for the Championship Show. All orders & payment are due by July 1st for pick up at the Mid-Summer Classic. Contact Carol Urguhart Hawkins or click here for more info.
- ATTENTION OPHC EXHIBITORS. Due to an increase in costs at the Ancaster Fairgrouns, the price of hydro hookups will increase to $50/night and the stall cancellation fee will increase to $50. Stall prices will remain unchanged at $60 for 1 day shows and $110 for 2 day shows.
NEW FOR 2018
- Amateur Halter points will no longer be applied to an exhibitors Novice Amateur overall point tally.
- Novice Amateur exhibitors must own or lease the horse s/he exhibits.
- Amateur Walk-Trot will be treated as it's own division, including the ability to win year-end & day awards.
- Yearling In-Hand Trail will be offered at the July, August & September shows.
- Dogs are NOT permitted in the show arena while a show is in progress. Please keep all dogs away from the rail while a show is in progress in the outdoor pen. Dogs MUST be leashed at all times while on the show grounds.
The Paint Horse Championship program is a series of classes held in conjunction with select APHA approved shows and is designed to increase participation and provide national recognition to exhibitors who primarily show regionally.
In 2018, OPHC is pleased to offer the following Championship Classes at the Mid-Summer Class show:
|Open Mares||Youth Showmanship||Amateur Showmanship|
|Open Geldings||Youth Hunter Under Saddle||Amateur Hunter Under Saddle|
|Open Hunter Under Saddle||Youth Equitation||Amateur Equitation|
|Open Western Pleasure||Youth Western Pleasure||Amateur Western Pleasure|
|Open Trail||Youth Horsemanship||Amateur Horsemanship|
|Open Ranch Riding|
|Open SPB Hunter Under Saddle|
|Open SPB Western Pleasure|
Entry is just $10 per class!
IT'S RAFFLE TIME!
Help support OPHC Youth & Amateurs by purchasing tickets on this great bike!
Tickets are $5 each, 3 for $10, or 8 for $20.
Tickets will be available at all OPHC events. The draw will be held on July 22nd at the APHA Championship & Mid-Summer Classic show.
Can't make it to the clinic or a show? No problem! Contact Liz Nooyen, Katie Thompson or any member of the Board of Directors & they will make arrangements to get tickets to you.
2018 SHOW SCHEDULE
SPRING KICK OFF - May 20 & 21
SIGNS OF SUMMER - June 17
APHA CHAMPIONSHIP & MID-SUMMER CLASSIC - July 21 & 22
COLOURS OF SUMMER - August 12
FALL FLING & FUTURITY - September 8 & 9