APHA CHAMPIONSHIP & MID-SUMMER CLASSIC
July 21 & 22, 2018
630 Trinity Road South, Ancaster, ON
Start Time: 9:00 am (both days)
Show Manager: Michael Nagy
The grounds will be open at 3:00 pm on the day before the show.
Stalls: $110.00 each
Hydro Hook Up: $30.00 per day
Stalls for all OPHC shows can be booked by emailing Maegan Hollinshead. Stalls are assigned on a first come first served basis.
PLEASE NOTE: STALLS FOR THE APHA CHAMPIONSHIP & MID-SUMMER CLASSIC MUST BE BOOKED BY JULY 14TH.
APHA Championship Classes
The Paint Horse Championship program is a series of classes held in conjunction with select APHA approved shows and is designed to increase participation and provide national recognition to exhibitors who primarily show regionally.
In 2018, OPHC is pleased to offer the following Championship Classes at the Mid-Summer Class show:
|Open Mares||Youth Showmanship||Amateur Showmanship|
|Open Geldings||Youth Hunter Under Saddle||Amateur Hunter Under Saddle|
|Open Hunter Under Saddle||Youth Equitation||Amateur Equitation|
|Open Western Pleasure||Youth Western Pleasure||Amateur Western Pleasure|
|Open Trail||Youth Horsemanship||Amateur Horsemanship|
|Open Ranch Riding|
|Open SPB Hunter Under Saddle|
|Open SPB Western Pleasure|
Exhibitors MUST meet the eligibility criteria set forth to be eligible to compete in the Paint Horse Championship classes.
1) Amateur & Youth competitors must be enrolled in the APHA Amateur or Youth Program and meet the ownership/lease requirements as per rule AM-020 and YP-015.
2) Both the exhibitor & the horse owner/lessee must be current APHA members to be eligible to compete.
3) Both the exhibitor & horse owner/lessee must be residents of the Zone in which the show is held.
4) Horses must be registered with the APHA and shown in their respective Paint Horse Championship breed registry class - Regular Registry or Solid Paint Bred.
5) Halter classes: An exhibitor who has placed in the Top 5 in a halter class at an APHA World Championship Show within the last 10 years is NOT eligible to compete in any Paint Horse Championship halter class in any division. In addition, an exhibitor who has won a Paint Horse Championship halter class in the previous year is ineligible to compete.
6) Performance classes: An exhibitor who has placed in the Top 10 in a performance class at an APHA World Championship Show within the last 10 years is NOT eligible to compete in any Paint Horse Championship performance class in any division. In addition, an exhibitor who has won a Paint Horse Championship Performance class in the previous year is ineligible to compete.
- Amateur/Youth Walk-Trot, Novice Amateur/Novice Youth & Intermediate Exhibitor World Show placings and placings in non-pointed World Show classes such as Sweepstakes, Challenge & Futurities DO NOT impact the eligibility in regular division championship classes.
- Amateur/Youth Walk-Trot World Show placings DO count towards exhibitor eligibility criteria in Amateur/Youth Walk-Trot Paint Horse Championship classes.
- Novice Amateur/Novice Youth World Show placings DO count towards exhibitor eligibility criteria in Novice Amateur/Novice Youth Paint Horse Championship classes.
Awards will consist of a Championship buckle and 2nd through 6th place medallions for each class.
2018 SHOW SCHEDULE
SPRING KICK OFF - May 20 & 21
SIGNS OF SUMMER - June 17
APHA CHAMPIONSHIP & MID-SUMMER CLASSIC - July 21 & 22
COLOURS OF SUMMER - August 12
FALL FLING & FUTURITY - September 8 & 9